About the Position
Fetch Specialty & Emergency Veterinary Centers is seeking a detail oriented technician to join our Internal Medicine Team!
The Internal Medicine Nurse coordinates with the rest of the Fetch Internal Medicine and specialty teams to ensure proper patient and client care. They work under the direct guidance and supervision of the Practice Manager and are critical to the success of Fetch and its team members.
- Works closely with other experienced nurses, assistants, doctors, and management to provide excellent care of the patients and our clients
- Candidate must be detailed oriented and have the veterinary nurse skills as listed below:
- Able to monitor and care for patients using state of the art equipment and protocols.
- Have nursing skills to include proper animal restraint, anesthesia monitoring, catheter placement, phlebotomy, and performing treatments.
- Have knowledge of anesthetic protocols used in Internal Medicine surgical procedures and ability to run anesthesia for IM cases
- Have knowledge of running in house lab machines and sending lab samples out
- Have knowledge of positioning and taking radiographs
- Have knowledge of triage and the ability to discuss estimates for diagnostics, procedures, and/or treatments with the clients
- Have a sound knowledge of Internal Medicine procedures and processes.
- Have sound medical terminology knowledge and common disease processes and medical emergencies.
- Cleaning, stocking and helping to maintain proper care of the hospital equipment
- Good communication skills with the clients and have the ability to provide nursing care for Internal Medicine patients.
- Knowledge and experience with CT scans are a plus
- Knowledge of EzyVet, SmartFlow and the Cubex systems are helpful
- Great attitude
- Technical Capacity
- Strategic/Forward Thinking
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Collaboration Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Motivated, compassionate, and detail oriented.
Required Education and Experience
- Certification or Associate’s Degree in a related field is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in the veterinary field- Internal Medicine preferred
- Strong & professional work ethic
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Paid maternity leave
- Continuing education and uniform allowance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Paid licenses fees
- PTO and paid holidays
- Highly collaborative team of professionals